Top 20 Bass Fishing Tips
Before heading out to catch some bass, take a look at these 20 important bass fishing tips.
1. Fish slowly, providing better action and enabling the fish to have ample eye contact.
2. When the bite seems to slow down, you should slow also down. Work methodically until you find the fish.
3. Always be aware of your weather forecast. Wind, storms, and lightening kill. Safety comes first.
4. If wet feet bother you on rainy days, try a pair of GORE-TEX sox. They are waterproof and can be worn in any shoe or boot.
5. Be alert and watchful. Fish give away their presence 90% of the time through baitfish fleeing; surface action; or vegetation movement.
6.Always look in a bass’ mouth before releasing it. Most of the time, when fighting a lure in his jaw, a bass will try to throw up whatever is in his stomach. You may be able to determine what prey the fish are actively feeding on and choose a lure/presentation to duplicate it.
7.Set the hook on a fish by feel rather than by sight.
8. Regularly check your knot for weakness and hook for sharpness.
9. Bass are not that smart. A swivel does not affect the action of a lure in a negative way and fish don’t really care about it. Use one anytime there is the potential for line twist.
Aqua Bait and Fishing Suppliers Articles
Aqua Bait and Fishing Suppliers Books