Aquabait Pty Ltd is currently in the process of various research and development projects, some of these include;
- Identification of appropriate stocking densities for optimal growth.
- Description of growth patterns for different lifecycle stages.
- Describing the nutritional profile of the worms for further research into fin-fish and crustacean aquaculture feed.
- Diversification of species being cultivated.
- Pond ecology
- Filtration of nutrients within ponds on site Aquabait Pty Ltd is intending to concentrate deeply into the scientific research of marine worms which will benefit not only the farms commercial production, but will contribute significantly to the available scientific information onto the biology and behaviour of marine worms.
Aquabait Pty Ltd is intent to address environmental issues, and is aiming to be a sustainable aquaculture facility.